Drama on the Guadalupe River

Drama on the Guadalupe River

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Well Hello Young Fella!


After an active fall - early winter rut, this young whitetail buck is healthy and fit. I mosied out into my favorite whitetail scene this evening, many does feeding throughout the open fields but the bucks simply didn't show. I finally picked this young buck up working into the field edge. He's cautious and keenly watched me at distance before moving on.

As it is during late winter, the scene is literally all brown, overcast skies didn't pop much color. Never the less, I always enjoy these encounters....many of them never even allowing me a shot with the lens. Ghosts...they simply drift in.

2 comments:

  1. I have just cruised through your last dozen or so images and they are stunning. The Elk pics are fantastic. I thought the Javelina was dangerous.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sam! Yes the Javelina was a little on edge and I always keep a tight eye on them in tight quarters.

    ReplyDelete